Welcome, Lions, Families and Friends!
The Lions of Multiple District 23, Connecticut, USA, are proud to present our endorsed candidate for Third International Vice President 2017-2018, Lion Carolyn A. Messier, Past International Director.
We look forward to sharing this dedicated Lion with the world as she advances in the leadership of our Association.
Please allow us, through this website, to show you why we believe Lion Carolyn can “Make a Difference” in the world of Lionism.
Lion Alan Daninhirsch, PCC, Campaign Manager
Multiple District 23
"I became a Lion to make a difference. I stay a Lion because we do! When I became a Lion, nearly twenty six years ago, I had no idea that the "difference" would be so positive and so profound, impacting so many lives, including my own."
Carolyn A. Messier, from Windsor Locks, Connecticut, USA, was elected to serve a two-year term as an International Director of Lions Clubs International at the association’s 94th International Convention held in Seattle, Washington, USA July 4-8, 2011.
"I am here to talk to you about my sister who is asking the multiple district to endorse her for Vice President of Lions International. I am very proud and honored to nominate my sister, Carolyn Messier for the office of Vice President."
- First woman to join the Windsor Locks Lions Club in 1990.
- Served as president of the Windsor Locks Lions Club 1995-1996.
- First woman Cub Master, Pack 261, growing the pack from 8 to 125 scouts in just one year.
- Key member of a State planning committee for inter-district, open choice education for children in urban areas.
- Wrote, produced and directed a promotional video for the Lions Low Vision Centers in Connecticut.
- Authored a resource guide for the blind and visually impaired clients in Connecticut.
- District Governor 2004-2005
- MD 23 Council Chairperson 2005-2006
- MD 23 Council Secretary Treasurer 2007-2010
- Presenter and Moderator at several USA/Canada Forums
- USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum Committee in Memphis 2009
- First woman to serve as International Director from Connecticut and New England in 2011-2013
- MD 23 Advisor for Lions Quest
- Board Appointee 2014-2015
- Founding Member of Lions KidSight USA committee
- Membership Key Award
- District Membership Award
- District Governor Recognitions
- Two LCIF Helping Hands Awards
- International President’s Certificates of Appreciation
- International Leadership Medals
- Four International President’s Medals
- International Directors Recognition Award
- Ambassador of Good Will
- Life Member of Lions Clubs International
- Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow
- CT Knight of the Blind
- CT Progressive Ambassador of Sight
- Loyal Shepherd Fellow
- W.P. Woods Fellow
- Richard T. Miyamoto Fellow
- Volunteer Recognition Award from President Obama for work with the blind and service to Lions International
- Recognized by State of Connecticut Governors Rowland, Rell, and Malloy for her exceptional volunteer service in the United States and at LCI
- Recognized by the Boy Scouts of America for service to Scouting